Flimsy Sanity: There is No Place Like Home

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sunday, May 22, 2005

There is No Place Like Home

I have decided not to go out of town for rummage sales anymore. I went to the neighboring town for their city-wide sales yesterday and it could have been a disaster were it not for a young couple. I bought a map to the locations, but for some reason, I could not seem to get my bearings. I boldly (for me) asked the couple if they were going to sales and if I could follow them. They said they didn't have a map - so since I did, it worked out for both of us. Only one sale had anything interesting so I doubt I will recover my gas costs. Tried going to another town a couple times and that was horrible too - couldn't find my way around. From now on, I'm just going to stay home - where it is fun, not so much work. After all, it is just my hobby, not my job. The town I went to is rather sad, too. A railroad town built so the real rich management is on one side and real poor worker houses on the other side. The poor houses don't even have streets wide enough for two cars to pass, so there are lots of one ways which make navigation even worse. I saw that rich/poor divide in towns built around the dams also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home