Flimsy Sanity: Econ 101

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Friday, May 20, 2005

Econ 101

Happiness does not depend on outward things, but on the way we see them. — Leo Tolstoy
(Get a daily wallpaper and quote from www.paperquote.com)
I love selling on eBay, because you hear the most interesting stories. One time I sold a plastic Cool Whip accordian dispenser thingy to a girl who said she and her brother used to fight over it when they were little. Made $2.00 on a 25¢ item. Another time I sold a -new in the original tattered box - egg cooker to a woman who had gotten one like it for a wedding present 50 years ago and needed a replacement. People who consign their expensive collectibles to me to sell are often disappointed because the market is flooded. Too many other people bought the litany that collectibles could only rise in value. The diamond suppliers certainly don't want us to know how common diamonds are.

I like simple truths. EBay is supply and demand, an economic principle even I can understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home