Flimsy Sanity: Pouting

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Pouting

I know it is mighty close to Christmas and one shouldn't be pouting, but Amazon feedback sucks. In the last year, I sold 345 books and only 71 left feedback. I refunded one gal cause I was hospitalized and she gave me a negative. Another guy gave me a negative cause he said he never received the book but I had delivery confirmation that he did. Another was mad that the book was not new when I clearly marked it as a library book. I assume 250 or so were pleased but I don't harass them for feedback so I only have a 87% positive rating. Another even thought the book would be more interesting so gave a low rating. It just seems so unfair but I suppose the fault is mine for not soliciting compliments.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger R J Adams said…

    Ah, that old human nature. When we're happy with what we get, we don't bother to say so. When we're not, we complain even when it's not justified. I gave up leaving feedback on Amazon a long time ago. After all, most online stores don't provide the facility, and genuine complaints will be dealt with by Amazon themselves, hopefully.

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Flimsy Sanity said…

    I'm just switching to AbeBooks. If you don't perform, they just throw you out of the game - way less hassle than this arbitrary feedback stuff. I do like the feedback on eBay but they also let people remove unfavorable ones which defeats the object of the exercise.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home