Flimsy Sanity: Pouting

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Pouting

I know it is mighty close to Christmas and one shouldn't be pouting, but Amazon feedback sucks. In the last year, I sold 345 books and only 71 left feedback. I refunded one gal cause I was hospitalized and she gave me a negative. Another guy gave me a negative cause he said he never received the book but I had delivery confirmation that he did. Another was mad that the book was not new when I clearly marked it as a library book. I assume 250 or so were pleased but I don't harass them for feedback so I only have a 87% positive rating. Another even thought the book would be more interesting so gave a low rating. It just seems so unfair but I suppose the fault is mine for not soliciting compliments.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger RJ Adams said…

    Ah, that old human nature. When we're happy with what we get, we don't bother to say so. When we're not, we complain even when it's not justified. I gave up leaving feedback on Amazon a long time ago. After all, most online stores don't provide the facility, and genuine complaints will be dealt with by Amazon themselves, hopefully.

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Flimsy Sanity said…

    I'm just switching to AbeBooks. If you don't perform, they just throw you out of the game - way less hassle than this arbitrary feedback stuff. I do like the feedback on eBay but they also let people remove unfavorable ones which defeats the object of the exercise.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home