Flimsy Sanity: Putting the cap on the chimney

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Putting the cap on the chimney





If in doubt, get the biggest tool you can afford. Unfortunately, I dropped one of the clamps down the chimney and didn't tighten the others properly so the cap isn't straight. I did caulk cracks and spray a conditioner on plus smear some tar stuff up there that now has all the leaves stuck to it. I just can tell I am going to have to save up to rent this again

4 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It WILL be worth it, tho.

    I dare you to drive it to the nearest Tim Hortons for a coffee.

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Flimsy Sanity said…

    I am such a rube I just assume Tim Hortons has expensive coffee.

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger R J Adams said…

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a single storey property? Why not use a ladder to the eaves and walk up the roof? That machine must have cost a fortune. Or is your chimney an ex-factory job?

    On another note, it appears Blogger has now decided to prevent non-Blogger bloggers from linking to their sites when they leave comments. I'm not sure who I despise most, Google or Yahoo. However, as I still have my old Sparrow Chat Blogger site, I'll link to that - thus getting one over on the corporate bastards!

     
  • At 3:21 AM, Blogger Flimsy Sanity said…

    Actually it has two bedrooms tucked under the eaves upstairs. The chimney is quite high and I am scared of ladders. It only cost $100 which is about half of what a workman charges to do anything. This is the fireplace chimney on the side of the house which is very tall.

    Cooperation or competition - they just cannot stop themselves from fighting. You could sign on as anonymous and just sign off as RJ Adams.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home