Flimsy Sanity: Bought some really interesting books

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Bought some really interesting books

When I went home I went to some of my usual haunts in Dickinson and bought some books. Met a cousin at the Friends Bookstore run by the Friends of the public library. Also got many great ones at the ArcAid run to help mentally challenged people.

Probably shouldn't put some of them on Amazon as they would be excellent additions to my bookstore - but as that is still in the dream stage and one needs money to fulfill dreams I will sell them.

Stopped on the way home in Wibaux. Darling little town and so interesting - packs more punch for its size than you would believe. Has a pewter artist, antique store with an ice cream shop, a nice nursing home (I heard from the musician that played at our nursing home and at other homes) and this great library run by Shirley Nunberg and assisted by her husband Fred. They have discards to sell in the basement but I suggested they go through them and sell what they can on Amazon as little town libraries struggle a lot to survive. Going to ask Ramona if she wants to make a little trip with me to do some book selection. The town has two night clubs and my nieces say the one is absolutely wonderful and I know my dad always liked the other one.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice post!! I have good collection of interesting books...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home