Flimsy Sanity: Don't fix the Junker theory

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Monday, June 27, 2005

Don't fix the Junker theory

Does not apply to the radio. You've got to have tunes when you drive so if you need to buy an aerial or a battery occasionally, that is justifiable expense.

Actually, Mom and Dad have put quite a bit of money into my Junker - a new timing chain and a new transmission. Should have followed my own preaching and they could have saved a bunch. Get too attached to crap. Can't believe I am past middle age and still asking folks for help. Going to switch my dependency to my brother and sister and give mom and dad a break, Ha.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:20 AM, Blogger Flimsy Sanity said…

    I think I might have misjudged the car dealership about the timing chain. They showed me where a big part was cracked and needed replacing and told me it would be expensive but I figured they probably show that same part to everyone and since I'd (or folks) had put money into the transmission, I felt committed. I was wrong I think and I apologize.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home