Flimsy Sanity: Lovely morning

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Lovely morning

Just the most gentle tapping rain with no wind. Have had dad's bib overalls out on the line for three days now - the neighbors will be talking....think I'll just take them to the laundromat and dry them. Always used to hate going to the laundromat when I didn't have a washer and dryer but it could have been fun if I just visited the other people there.

Went home yesterday to see my mom and dad. Talked to Eleanor Ott, Martha Paasch, Betty Cornell (who I cooked with in Medora) and Mugs Vanvig at coffee. Gave Eleanor a ride home and she is so worried about Mom and thinks I should come home and help. Delbert and Mom think it is unnecessary as mostly it is just a waiting game. Think I might pack up the dogs and try it for a week. Dad is sweet as ever, Mom is as strong and independent as she ever was, but even if I don't do anything but hold dad up so he can eat properly and not choke, I can still be company for mom. Bought the book by Woody Allen called Horse Feathers and can read it aloud there. Dad has this huge scar on his elbow and I just don't remember any surgery he had. Funny, isn't it how much we forget. Might ask Dad if he wants me to write an obit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home