Flimsy Sanity: Sixth Grade Strike

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Sixth Grade Strike

I think it was Dennis Dietz, Tommy Kordonowy and Leslie Filkowski and maybe Brian Gerbig and Wally Owens (I'm naming names now) that dreamed up the idea of not answering our teacher's questions because she always kept us in for recess because she was such a rambler and was behind on her work. To facilitate our strike, they had me pass the word. Believe it or not, everyone went along. We wouldn't even tell her the capitol of North Dakota. Course when she pulled individuals aside, they caved and my name came up. Well I didn't like her and already had lots of D's in Conduct and Effort, although she couldn't give me bad marks in classwork because I did alright. She said I was going to get an F in conduct. I went to her crying because I knew I would get hell at home. My brother saw me crying and went home and told mom. Mom went to school and stuck up for me that time. Thanks.

The boys just had to copy the poem "Boy Wanted" and I had to copy many pages out of the encyclopedia - I think I picked Lincoln and found out he hunted Indians, but my memory isn't perfect. If she had really wanted to punish me, she would have made me chew my food 20 times before swallowing.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home