Flimsy Sanity: Self Discipline

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Self Discipline

When I saw a notice in the paper about starting a skate board park my first inclination was to think it would be like the tennis courts - just a fad that burns itself out. Well it may be, but learning to skateboard and do tricks is a powerful lesson on self discipline and persistence and practice. What the hell, its only money. Why not? It might last, bicycles did. With I-Pods, what would the neighbors have to bitch about. We don't complain now when kids crank up their radios and play basketball.

I haven't polled the neighbors but I would like it right across from my house - I would like watching them and people waiting at the stopsign could see too. While we are putting things up across from my house, the basketball hoops at the Pella Church are a nice gift to the community, but the boys and girls would use them more if they were regulation size. Anyone needing to use the toilet could come to my house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home