Flimsy Sanity: This isn't just any old saw

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Friday, June 10, 2005

This isn't just any old saw

When I ordered a new saw from Sears, dad wanted it so I took his old one. This is the saw that made the girls china cabinets and the boys gun cabinets (though none like to hunt). This saw made child sized cabinets for my brother's girls. Dad made my clock and my table and some larger clocks for people who didn't want to be so portable. He built many things, but the wood wasn't properly cured and many of them have cracks.
I used it to build mating units, feeders that were intricate but didn't work because they had to be perfectly level, two sets of covers (the southern pine ones held in moisture, the cedar ones were great), two sets of hive bottoms - one for my idea, one for when dad bought the forklift and I redid everything(I bet the other beekeepers thought "why the hell does she need a forklift for 300 hives"), screen box covers and bottoms and two sets of pallets (one so the frames wouldn't rock during trucking, but they were hard to work). Seems I do everything several times before I get it close to right.
But now it is in my way and I want you to have it. I need the room for more mess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home