Flimsy Sanity: Inducing Insanity

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Inducing Insanity



Marjoe (named after Mary and Joseph)was a child evangelist who renounced the preaching business for awhile and I believe went back to it. This (which I believe is part of the documentary called Marjoe) segment is a little irritating at the beginning because the sound and picture don't match. The comments on You Tube were interesting in that most were from the faithful that denied that it was all sham.

We see things, not as they are, but as we are.-Anais Nin

3 Comments:

  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger Graeme said…

    well, that scared the holy shit out of me.

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger ryk said…

    Reminds me of some of the Baptist revivals I attended as a kid. Even at the age of twelve or so I could see it was all bullshit, but self-delusion is pretty powerful.

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger michael greenwell said…

    what a depressing video.

    but i loved the quote you put at the end.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home