Flimsy Sanity: A business opportunity

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A business opportunity

This town has two malls. One is rather upscale and attracts teens and the other is low key and near the retirement centers. The first is bustling and the other has a senior center, the radio station, a fabric store, some offices and is populated by a few older people getting their exercise in air conditioned comfort. At one time, there used to be a food court but all that remains is the plastic tables and chairs and empty fast food booths. All the old guys gather here. I think this would be the perfect place to open a Prune Julius and play polka music to lure customers.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Coming from a backward nation I'm not at all sure what a Prune Julius is meant to be, but based on my English heritage I assume it's purpose is of a gently laxative nature. To make sure, I Googled - um, only one website that might clarify the issue. It turned out to be an excerpt from "The Secret (Not Sacred) Recipes of Sister Enid Christensen", and Prune Julius was listed among a number of drinks under the heading: "Beverages (void of spirit)". I noted it was slightly above one concoction, the name of which was obviously a misprint: "Joseph and Emma's Afternoon Delight". Assuming this spirit-less beverage to have similar properties to Prune Julius, I believe the corrected typo should have read: "Joseph and Enema's Afternoon Delight".

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger Flimsy Sanity said…

    RJ: There used to be (or maybe there still are) booths in the mall that sold Orange Julius, a drink of oranges, milk and ice I think. The prune business was my attempt at humor. I am on the cusp of old age myself so I feel I should laugh about it while I still can.

     
  • At 1:42 AM, Blogger Graeme said…

    i thought prune julius was funny

     
  • At 4:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i didnt know what prune julius was either.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home