Flimsy Sanity: The Market Economy

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Friday, July 13, 2007

The Market Economy

Many people believe that competition is a wonderful thing and will lead to the perfect economy. It might work for products (although quality continually goes down to compete with cheaper produced goods) but I don't think it works for services. If there is a lot of competition, people providing services charge more because they get fewer customers.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    its flawed at its point of origin as its always based on GDP. however, as the banned advert said 'every time someone gets cancer the GDP goes up, every time there is a car crash the GDP goes up. economists must learn how to subtract'

     
  • At 5:03 AM, Blogger United We Lay said…

    It doesn't work all around. I was watching a great documentary on this yesterday and I'd tell you what it was, but I don't want to interrupt Plaza Sesamo to look it up. I'll find it later.

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger United We Lay said…

    Hey,
    I moved my site to Wordpres at this address: http://unitedwelay1.wordpress.com/

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger United We Lay said…

    I wrote about the documentary on my new page today, but it's called Independent America. There was some excellent information.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home