Flimsy Sanity: Can anyone help me?

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Can anyone help me?


A lady asked me to put this old print on eBay for her. Since there are over 3,000 vintage prints up for sale, it is almost imperative that I have an artist or a name for the picture. Anyone have any clues? The lady said it was a famous painting but I looked through All Posters and some of the art sites that list the more well known and I cannot find it.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks like Tom Sawyer. Only clue I have here.

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Shephard said…

    Looks like a Maxfield Parrish painting. Try searching for him.
    I'll send this to my Disney artist friends, and see if anyone recognizes it.
    ~S

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Shephard said…

    My Disney painter friend says see if the painting is by artist Violet Oakley. That's his best guess.
    ~S :)

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Flimsy, my first guess was Maxfield Parrish -- I went through a couple of books of his collected work that I happen to have but cannot find this. Sorry...

     
  • At 4:01 AM, Blogger Flimsy Sanity said…

    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. You're the best.

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I believe this is the famous "What was in that punch, and why are my underwear on backwards?" by Norman Rockwell.

    j/k - sorry, couldn't resist ^_^

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Flimsy Sanity said…

    TJ: You know EVERYTHING. First where the knocker came from and now this. Your hat size must be HUGE.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home