Flimsy Sanity: Found somewhere

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Found somewhere

This is a great way to get more enjoyment out of your compost. There are just not enough cat helmets in the world. I wonder what the word is for an addiction to dressing up animals. My sister and her husband did a photo album full of their dog - everything from riding a little horse in a cowboy costume to wearing a tuxedo and serving as ring bearer. Eventually the word for this harmless perversion will come up on Merriam Webster's Word for the Day. (Subscribe here.)

2 Comments:

  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger R J Adams said…

    I love this very idea! How about kids bicycle helmets made from hollowed out pumpkins? Organic, of course.

     
  • At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I confess a preference for birds and animals in their "original issue" costumes, but this photo made me grin from ear to ear. My family always said it was just as well I had no kids -- I was more likely to let them run "nekkid" than I was to dress up my cats and dogs. What they failed to take into account is the basis for such a decision: Ever try to get one of those Dr. Denton sleeper thingies on a wriggling kid? Ever try to persuade a cat to sit still for a faux fur jacket? Ever try to get a raincoat on a Labrador? Believe me, a case can be made for letting'em run "nekkid"! LOL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home