Flimsy Sanity: Testifying for the Egg Cooker and Stircrazy

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Friday, November 04, 2005

Testifying for the Egg Cooker and Stircrazy

I am not much of a fan of one-use electrical appliances - don't have the room for them for starters. Usually in October, a new fad appliance appears just in time for the holiday season. We have seen the rise and fall of bread machines, food processors, oil fryers for turkeys(that torched quite a few garages), crock pots, air pots, salad shooters - the list is a long one and I am just remembering the ones lining the shelves at the thrift store. I usually buy any unique appliance that I think I can sell on eBay and always pick up any Stircrazy® Popcorn poppers (I think I have sold 5 or 6 and I have one for myself - popcorn popper is so great as the kernals it pops are light and fluffy and it is rare to find any unpopped ones) and any egg cookers. I tested my last egg cooker to make sure it works and I am in love with it. It steams the eggs to a perfect hard boil and the eggs are perfect - easy to peel, non-rubbery and the cooker shuts off automatically - it also has a little tray for poaching. The last one I had listed on eBay I sold to a woman who got it as a wedding gift 40 years ago and she was looking for a replacement because she too loved it. Eggs are such a cheap food and even the really poverty stricken can alternate with ramen noodles. I think the egg cookers came out when deviled eggs were all the rage (you can't believe how many deviled egg platters there are on eBay). P.S. Isn't it funny how foods are also popular fads? Now everyone is making Amish quickbreads.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Shephard said…

    I love deviled eggs. And I have a friend who always makes them for our parties. The hard way! Now I know what to get her for Christmas! ~S

     

Post a Comment

<< Home