Flimsy Sanity: Too good to be true

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Too good to be true

I sell books on eBay occasionally and on Amazon when I can. I don't find too many of much value locally as my town has only a small bookstore that sells best sellers almost exclusively. Now best sellers are sometimes very good reading material, but let's face it - their resale value is crap. When I found Paperback Swap, I was pretty thrilled. I had lots of good books on my shelves that I could enter and I thought I could use my points to get books I could sell on Amazon. Not so. Anything of any monetary value gets cancelled when you order it. Now I admire the effort the Paperback Swap people put into their site - it is easy to use, has very attractive graphics and is just great if you are a voracious romance or science fiction reader. Maybe reselling on my part thwarts their expressed purpose of helping readers get books cheap, but I think many people are trying it. Someone wrote in to their discussion board about all their cancellations and their entry was cancelled. You would think someone in their 50's wouldn't be so naive as to be fooled - If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Still - it is a good site if you like best sellers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home