Flimsy Sanity: My brothers gunpowder rockets

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sunday, July 03, 2005

My brothers gunpowder rockets

My brothers were in their thirties when they came up with this idea. They took gunpowder and put it in tin cans and then lit firecrackers to it to see which cans went the highest. My brother, the most educated of the bunch and a chemical engineer, had one explode in his face. It singed his eyebrows and gave his face a rosy glow. When the smoke cleared, Rodney cried, "I can't see" "I can't see" but Delbert told him to clean his smoke-blackened glasses. My injured brother waited to get emotional comfort but not even the other two stooges would sympathize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home