Flimsy Sanity: In the Dawn's Early Light

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

In the Dawn's Early Light

I get up early - usually around 4 o'clock. I think this habit started when I was young and Mom would wake us up to milk cows so we could finish before the school bus came. I still like seeing the dawn and trust me on this - the first bird in the morning sings a unique song.

Anyway this morning I finally got ambitious and dragged my toilet into the house. I live near the intersection of a major street and a highway so I am always in danger of being observed. The neighbor across the street remodeled his bathroom and threw out a great looking toilet so I asked him for it and it has been sitting under a tarp for two weeks. I bought a water-saving one a few years ago and I hate the thing - to save a little water means the bowl is always a mess. Man - that thing was heavy and several years of not much activity leaves your muscles in poor shape. It is hard to look feminine lugging 100 pounds or so of porcelain up your patio steps.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:06 AM, Blogger viperbux said…

    What a sight. I'm sure that would look rather funny. You casually look out your window at 4AM, only to see an attractive "old maid" lugging a heavy toilet across her lawn.

    LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home