Flimsy Sanity: My Cult Life

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sunday, June 05, 2005

My Cult Life

I had a little experience with cult life when I joined a sorority in college. I don't know how I lost my head -"rush" is like cult "love bombing" and I succumbed. I certainly didn't have the money to waste. I remember one meeting when we were told to always wear our pins so that other sisters could recognize us when we would meet at the airport..... I piped up "or the bus depot" but nobody but me thought that was funny. The one thing I am glad I never missed was when our president (now a leading educator) announced she had won a national Delta Zeta competition when we had nominated another girl as our chapter entry. The girls all cheered....what a bunch of sheeple. The good thing that came of it was that I met Linda Berger Schadewald who made me a poster with part of this Sunday's sermon on it. She also drew my honey label. I guess, all in all, I made friends with several girls, but I probably would have made more interesting friends at the dorm.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home