Flimsy Sanity: Cleaning House

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Cleaning House

Peacechick Mary's post is about cleaning house. How serendipitous that she should post about the very thing I am doing right now. I am planning on moving and in order to do so, I need to sort my crap. I cannot believe some of the shit I thought was worth saving - hell, I even bought Roughneck containers to hold it. I only shop second hand, so someone threw it out before I got it.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Peacechick Mary said…

    I'm looking at your site in Firefox and I can't see anything wrong with it, but maybe you've fixed the problem. You're right about stuff. No matter how hard I try to keep things pared down, it piles up incredibly.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I note from PM's comment you're having problems with your site. It's fine in both Firefox and IE6, except I get one note of music when it loads, then nothing. Not sure if that's you, or me!
    As for collecting stuff - a guy down the road from me, who always leaves his vehicle outside and keeps his garage door closed, finally opened it last week as I was driving past. I then understood why his truck is always outside. The garage was piled high - floor to ceiling - with junk!

    It made me feel better. At least I can get my car in the garage.

     
  • At 6:20 AM, Blogger Flimsy Sanity said…

    rj: It is probably a good thing I don't have a garage. Most of my stuff is things I thought I could sell on eBay. NOT. And books - lots and lots of books, (half not worth any more than a penny on Amazon) not saying they aren't good reading. This is all the stuff I gambled on and lost.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home