Flimsy Sanity: I'm baaack

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I'm baaack

Here is a little joke to make up for my procrastination. Sorry to have neglected my blog for so long - going to lose the few readers I havehad. My Republican brother-in-law died so now I have no one to argue with (others just roll their eyes and wander off). Also depressing is the fact that I have been car shopping and am so disgusted with what I can get...everyone wants big bucks for crap that has 100,000 miles on it - I already got that caliber auto - a 87 Buick boat with a hive body holding the seat up. I was going to give it to NPR Auto auction, but they declined even though I mentioned the new tires and and battery.

7 Comments:

  • At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nice cartoon

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Shephard said…

    You haven't lost us. :)
    Great cartoon too.
    Sorry for your loss. That's always hard to deal with.
    ~S

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Flimsy, I'm so happy to see you back among us. I'm offer my condolences for your loss.

    I, of course, am the perpetual pedestrian (and have managed to live always in cities where that's possible and practical), but I am staggered when I see the prices of cars these days. Good heavens, I remember when houses didn't cost that much! Good luck shopping.

    I, too, know the sting of having attempted donations rejected -- I've kept all my computers since 1980. When I attempted to donate them, I was advised (rather acerbically) that the Smithsonian might have an interest in them for historical purposes!!!

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back to the blogosphere, Flimsy. I was wondering what happened to you. Glad to see you posting again

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger R J Adams said…

    "I'M BAAACK"?
    Where I come from they'd call you "Sheepy Sanity" for that one! Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. Argumentative Republicans are a rare breed indeed.
    As for the motor car, my advice would be to hold back, wait a while. George W is talking about America doing away with oil and producing vehicles that run on grass. They'll be much cheaper. I think you just stuff a load of prairie grass into them and they run all day.
    Now, let me see, what do they call them? Oh, yes, I remember.......horses!

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mr. Adams, good one! Flimsy, the man has a point...

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have my sympathy both bor the death in the family and the horrors of car shopping. I made so many mistakes in that arena through the years that I turned the job over to my brother who has an engineering mind and knows cars. That worked well. I wonder if there would be a business in this for him. Take care and good to see you back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home