Flimsy Sanity: In My Neighborhood

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Monday, September 29, 2008

In My Neighborhood

My neighbor's mother's funeral is today and I know the respectful thing is to show my support for them but I just cannot go inside a church or a starbucks because the phoniness is just too much for me to handle.

Christianity in a nutshell (if you have never heard of it) is that Christ died for your sins. I think that whole idea leads to irresponsibility. Another neighbor's son is in prison for arson and his mother (like any good mother) says he is innocent but he confessed to keep his girlfriend out of jail. Now if that is true, the girlfriend is a real jerk for letting someone take the rap for her and I wouldn't want to associate with her or her kind.

Also, I don't see how there can be justice such as a hell for our enemy's deeds, but forgiveness and heaven for our own. The whole reward and punishment might work for dogs, but in humans it produces the brats that are screaming in the aisles of the grocery store until they finally get something if they will just be good. I like the "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" system that requires you to "Be Good for Goodness Sake".

Of course the whole religion thing employs a lot of people so I suppose that is a good thing as it keeps them out of the other power trip - politics.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It also makes them immensely wealthy - well, a few of them. Are we back to pyramid selling?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home