Flimsy Sanity: Quote for the Day

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Friday, July 25, 2008

Quote for the Day

I find it interesting that people who like the free market can marshal facts and figures to show that the living standard of the world's people has grown by leaps and bounds since globalization took hold in the 1990s, with all its new agreements and virtually no opposition. Anti-capitalists and nationalists can marshal facts and figures to prove that third world people--and the working class in the advanced world--are facing economic destruction on an unprecedented scale, because globalization has taken hold with virtually no opposition. The facts and figures used by each side may be entirely accurate.

Our mutual friend Robert Anton Wilson wrote, "The prover proves what the thinker thinks." I always try to keep that in mind. So as I get deeper into advocacy, I always have to remind myself to take even my own glorious bullshit with many grains of salt.
-Ken Goffman

1 Comments:

  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger ryk said…

    I always have to remind myself to take even my own glorious bullshit with many grains of salt.

    Good advice for us all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home