Flimsy Sanity: Terrorism

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Terrorism



This weekend I finally watched the movies Enron, the Smartest Guys in the Room (which shows you the free market and how it regards us peons - remember how happy they were that California was burning) and Oil Factor, Behind the War on Terror. Then to even further burst my tiny remaining patriotic bubble that thought Bush was an anomaly, I was checking out other bloggers who like some of the same movies/books I do and ran across the latest entry from Various Ecstasies who lists many executive orders through the years.

Anyway, the good news is that only 3000 bloggers list the Bible as a favorite book but 3,900 list Life of Brian as a favorite movie. By the way when Yahoo ran a survey on favorite books, the Bible came out way on top. Of course, 50% of the people have not read a book in the last year - they are probably going to tackle that big old bible as soon as they start reading the only book in the house.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger 1138 said…

    I left the Bible off my favorite book list.
    Thanks for pointing that out.
    If 1984 deserves a place in my favs the Bible certainly deserves one as well I mean what book has had more impact on the peaceful peoples of the world (and brought them genocide).

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger 1138 said…

    caught your comment on Various Ecstasies

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Flimsy Sanity said…

    1138- There are so many books in the world to read, I usually judge one by its first 5 pages. Never did pick up the Bible after that first perusal - thought it was confusing and the plot was unbelievable.

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger ryk said…

    I wish everyone would read it. I read most of it when I was in about the 8th grade and I've been an atheist ever since.

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Wisewebwoman said…

    I'm reminded of the wonderful banner spread across a movie theatre marquee in Florida recently:
    "All religions are Fairy Tales."
    S/he must have read the Bible for sure.
    I did a catchup on your posts, FS.
    Great stuff.
    XO
    WWW

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger Graeme said…

    For a long time Christians discouraged actually reading the bible, my guess is for fear people would quit the church in droves. Now, evangelicals sort of changed that. That shows how nuts they are.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home