Flimsy Sanity: Katrina as preview of coming attractions

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Friday, April 11, 2008

Katrina as preview of coming attractions



My most often googled post is the one on surviving the coming depression. If things degenerate, people believe they can survive by stocking food and owning a gun to protect themselves - didn't work in New Orleans. Incidentally, the news media said that frail old lady was a threat because if she stayed to protect her dogs, bacteria would cause her to spread disease.

On the other side is this great essay on our Rambo mentality.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maria Galetti, Baptist Minister, "I have ma Bible and I have ma gun and if anyone mess with me I'll let them have it." I assume she meant the gun, not the Bible.

    "Jesus Christ!" That's about all I can say.

    Jay Bookman is totally correct. These people are scared to death of their own shadows - of their own neighbors.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home