Flimsy Sanity: Gullible and Predictable

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Gullible and Predictable


Before Kathy Griffin won a creative arts Emmy last weekend for her reality show, "My Life on the D-List," she joked that an award would move her to the C-list. From what I gather, the show revolves around her attempt to improve her status in the show business world and to become well known. So when she gets the award, she accepts saying, "A lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this. He had nothing to do with this," Griffin said. "Suck it, Jesus. This award is my God now."

She is well known now. "Infamy is better than no famy" as one commenter said about the South Carolina beauty queen. I think her speech was genius, she will have material for her reality show for months and it will be interesting to show just how hateful Christians can be. I was reading a few comments and the name-calling and hell-wishers were predictable. I almost wish I had cable to see what happens.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Vigilante said…

    "Infamy is better than no famy"

    That's stuck in my ear like a huge splinter. I need another beer.

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Actually, the show is much better than I thought it would be and I'm no great fan.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home