Flimsy Sanity: Funny Ads - Bad Company

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Funny Ads - Bad Company

I think the one from Capital One in which the hordes have to get other jobs is pretty funny, especially the guy filling ice cream cones. I also like the one with David Spade wiring the chubby guy who gets liquid thrown in his face and short circuits because the girl thinks he is propositioning her. Too bad Capital One is in trouble. Capital One is currently in court because they increase the interest rate on some cards up to 400% for consumers who trigger a "penalty" rate by defaulting in any number of minor ways.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger R J Adams said…

    Dear God! You Americans have a queer idea of humor. I suppose you also like the one where a repulsive fungus-thing lifts up a diseased toenail and disappears underneath - just as I'm eating my spaghetti bolognese!

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Flimsy Sanity said…

    That one gets to me. I've read some forums on advertising and everyone HATES that ad - but they do remember it, so I guess it is effective. I also liked the Geico one where the guy goes house to house with the gecko and the cats are surrounding him. Last frame shows little lizard with its front leg in a sling.

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger R J Adams said…

    People may remember the ad - I just wish I could forget it! - but does it cause them to buy the product? Frankly, I would rather have my foot fall off than use their stuff.
    At least Geico's ads are humorous, and I'm a sucker for animals, but it wouldn't cause me to buy their insurance. I guess I'm just a natural cynic. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home