Flimsy Sanity: Telemarketer

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Telemarketer

Today some guy called trying to raise money for "Policemen yada yada" - I didn't listen past the word policemen. I was polite and told him that all my charity money is already earmarked and he got really snotty and said, "Don't you care about missing children?" I never can think on the spot so I sputtered a little and hung up. I could have had a number of better comebacks like:
Every time I've see a policeman he is hassling me not helping me.

Is it true that many telemarketing calls come from prisons?

If I get ANY extra money, I funnel it straight to the ACLU.

How come only bullies want to go into law enforcement?

How come it costs $10 to see who the 23 sex offenders in my town are - if you are so concerned about children send ME $10 so I know who they are and can warn the kids in the neighborhood.

I looked up crime statistics in my state and there are more policemen than people in prison, that's like having as many teachers as students.

I once did a paper on police corruption and they are known to help themselves after robberies and drug busts and when they appear in court they even have a name for it "testilying"

If only they would give me an hour or so to answer - next time I'll tell them to stay on the line while I think for awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home