Flimsy Sanity: Personal Prom

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Personal Prom

My sister and her husband were wedding (and senior pictures) photographers for many years. My sister calls weddings "Personal Proms" and I love the term. As much work as putting on a prom with just one star. Always seemed rather a silly, expensive institution to me. I'd go with the bring a dish, bring a bottle, exchange gifts with each other and pass the hat for the band school-of-thought. For costumes I'd want your work clothes. Everyone looks natural in them and then you wouldn't have to open the conversations with "What do you do for a living?". Kids can dress in playclothes or what they think they would like to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home