Flimsy Sanity: I had a good laugh

Flimsy Sanity

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I had a good laugh

I went to the second hand store and they were all upset because someone had gone through the deposits during the night and helped themselves. I so wanted to say "So how does it feel?" because that is why all those old ladies volunteer - to get first chance at anything worth having. I still go because sometimes they miss things - (got a set of salt shakers that I sold for $77 once) but it is rare as there are so many of them - if one doesn't want it, the other one will. About the only constant thing available is Beanie Babies and old coffee pots. It is rare to uncover anything and when I take things up to pay for them, I've heard "I never saw that" more than once. About the only thing they don't collect is books and they mark those with big black magic markers - for meaness I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home